Grid bubble

Jim Smith

Question

We decided to try using the Grid Tool on this project, much to my chagrin. We are now in a value engineering phase and the Grid needs to change & I can't seem to edit the Grid tool sufficiently to see Grid H as it is behind Grid I. My inclination is to Ungroup the Grid & do this manually, but as we are in the weeds here, we may have to amend the Grid again depending on HVAC & Structural comments. Is there another way forward?  (The funny values are based on a pre-engendered system based on Imperial Values FYi )

Untitled copy.jpg

Edited by Jim Smith

2 answers to this question

So now I'm discovering a rather annoying tid-bit. The Grid tool is just like all the other tools & rounding errors creep in. So in this project for example, the overall dimension of Grid 1 to Grid 13 (just shy of 48M) has a rounding error when one adds all the Grid Dimensions up. So the advantage of the Grid Tool seems to be; to use the old advertising term: "Not Exactly as Illustrated". I'll add this to the wish list.