Exporting files to .PDF (Adobe Acrobat DC) is altering the page layout of the file.

Good Afternoon All,

Just a quick one, as a first-time thread poster - does anyone have any idea of the below:

"When exporting a file from within Vectorworks to a .PDF format (Adobe Acrobat DC), the file in question is being flipped to a different page layout type then what is set in Vectorworks".

I have had a look in the application that I am trying to export too (Adobe Acrobat DC), and I cannot see any setting that can be set that would allow the page type to be set as is when exporting.

On the plus side of this, when I then Publish a file in Vectorworks and export to PDF, it will be the same page layout and scope as it is seen in Vectorworks.

Has anyone else had this problem?

If so, what measures were put in place to correct this?

Thanks in advance to any responses.

TheArtist.

On 06/09/2016 at 5:02 PM, TheArtist said:

"When exporting a file from within Vectorworks to a .PDF format (Adobe Acrobat DC), the file in question is being flipped to a different page layout type then what is set in Vectorworks".

I have had a look in the application that I am trying to export too (Adobe Acrobat DC), and I cannot see any setting that can be set that would allow the page type to be set as is when exporting.

This sounds like you might be printing to PDF using the Acrobat DC printer, as you say you are exporting to Acrobat DC? If yes then the page settings in the Acrobat Printer will override the page size in Vectorworks. You'll need to set the page size in the Acrobat printer to match the page size of the Vectorworks document or sheet layer that you are trying to print.

If you are using File>Export to PDF or File>Publish (and then to PDF) then the page size defined in Vectorworks should be used and the Acrobat Printer settings should not have an impact. The printer setting in the sheet layer settings dialog does not affect Export and Publish as far as I know, only when you actually print (in this case to PDF) it does affect the output.

Edited by Art V