Changing from Dongle to Internet Serial

If you are using the UK local version you may want to contact the UK distributor. I know there are/were plans to get rid of the dongles for the localized versions in the next few years and switch to internet serial numbers but I don't know at which rate this will happen. It could be happening for the UK version with VW2017 but it could also be VW2018 or VW2019 before that happens. Your local distributor may be able to answer that.

In case you do want to get rid of the dongle in the very soon then you could consider switching to the US/International version which no longer uses dongles outside the US since a few releases. (In the past the locally distributed US version used dongles over here, but in the past 3 or 4 releases this is no longer the case and it uses an internet serial number like the US distributed version).

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Art V said:

If you are using the UK local version you may want to contact the UK distributor. I know there are/were plans to get rid of the dongles for the localized versions in the next few years and switch to internet serial numbers but I don't know at which rate this will happen. It could be happening for the UK version with VW2017 but it could also be VW2018 or VW2019 before that happens. Your local distributor may be able to answer that.

In case you do want to get rid of the dongle in the very soon then you could consider switching to the US/International version which no longer uses dongles outside the US since a few releases. (In the past the locally distributed US version used dongles over here, but in the past 3 or 4 releases this is no longer the case and it uses an internet serial number like the US distributed version).

^ This.

Each distributor could tell you the policy for their licenses and I do know that more and more are adopting the E series (internet activation) license type. Because they are all different, we don't generally post this info online so that we don't give misinformation.

• Like 1