Links to old forum not forwarding

SamIWas

Question

I use Google a lot to ask questions if something is stumping me in VW.  Google always lists the Vectorworks techboard first, and I almost always got an answer.  But, Google is still links to the old techboard, and clicking the "We've moved" link there doesn't forward to the same thread on the new board.  I'll try doing a search within the forum, but is there any way to make links pointing to the old forum forward to the same thread on new forum?

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Can't link them one-to-one, unfortunately none of the forum systems could swing that when importing from our old forum software. It will eventually stop happening but this will take time, since it's effectively a new website we have to wait for the new pages to take precedence over the old from google results. However there are many internal unseen configurations that will make this happen faster than it would otherwise.

4 minutes ago, JimW said:

This will take time, since it's effectively a new website we have to wait for the new pages to take precedence over the old from google results. However there are many internal unseen configurations that will make this happen faster than it would otherwise.

Thanks Jim.  I figured it might not be something easy.  I'm sure the new results will filter to Google in time.  I have found that the search on the new forum is bringing better results, so I'm able to find things.