Linetype not showing up in viewport

Post more info. Unclear if invisible line type is on a design Layer or in a VP annotation space. Or?

If possible post a vwx file or at least a screenshot with only a few objects including visible and invisible examples of the Line Type.

Another thing to check - In the Resource Browser, right click the line type resource.  Choose Edit>Settings. Choices are Page or World.  Switch to which ever one is not selected.

HTH

-B

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, Ignaceb2 said:

Hello,

VW2014 fundamentals, two files, two custom line types, one "world"-setting, one "page"-setting.

Large file (16 mb): lines do not appear in sheet layer & pdf (in the sheet layer: they pop up "gray" when moving the cursor upon them).

Small file (150 kb): custom lines appear in sheet layer…

Any solution?

LineTypeIssue.pdf

The issues of class/layer visibility and scale mentioned above are not the issues causing the problem your file?

Problem solved:

I've created a new line type from scratch (resources, select a line type, new line type, highlight "complex line type", highlight "page…", … ).

This works fine.

The custom line types I've used and that caused problems were made changing existing custom line types in my stationary files. 

It seems to be that some of the custom line types need to be put in my trash.

How old are they? I think some of the resources were made using my first drawing program: MiniCad 6.

That's 22 years ago…

• Like 1