Anna O'Sullivan

Linetype not showing up in viewport

I've created a custom linetype and it shows up fine everywhere in the drawing except in the viewport. I have checked all the visibility options in both the classes and  viewports and it seems as though it should be visible. Is there another setting I should be checking?  

Something to check - Design layer scale might display line type too small in differently scaled ViewPort.  Select the VP, in the OIP, click "Advanced" (near bottom).  In the dialog box, adjust the Line Type scale.

-B

Hi Benson,

Thanks for that. I tried adjusting the line type scale but it only affected the appearance of the other dashed lines in the drawing. Not the custom line I've created. Any other ideas?

Post more info. Unclear if invisible line type is on a design Layer or in a VP annotation space. Or?

If possible post a vwx file or at least a screenshot with only a few objects including visible and invisible examples of the Line Type.

Another thing to check - In the Resource Browser, right click the line type resource.  Choose Edit>Settings. Choices are Page or World.  Switch to which ever one is not selected.

HTH

-B

Was the line type created with page based units or world based units? I've ran into that issue in the past and changing/setting the line type units from one to the other sometimes solved the display problem.

Is the line type layer the same scale as the other design layers? Sometimes you add a layer that's set (somehow) to a different scale, causing it to shrink/magnify out of the viewport.

Hello,

VW2014 fundamentals, two files, two custom line types, one "world"-setting, one "page"-setting.

Large file (16 mb): lines do not appear in sheet layer & pdf (in the sheet layer: they pop up "gray" when moving the cursor upon them).

Small file (150 kb): custom lines appear in sheet layer…

Any solution?

LineTypeIssue.pdf

4 minutes ago, Ignaceb2 said:

Hello,

VW2014 fundamentals, two files, two custom line types, one "world"-setting, one "page"-setting.

Large file (16 mb): lines do not appear in sheet layer & pdf (in the sheet layer: they pop up "gray" when moving the cursor upon them).

Small file (150 kb): custom lines appear in sheet layer…

Any solution?

LineTypeIssue.pdf

The issues of class/layer visibility and scale mentioned above are not the issues causing the problem your file?

Thanks for the quick answer.

All lines are drawn in the same layer and class.

In the 16 mb-file changing the line type from standard to custom and vice versa results in disappearing / showing in the sheet layer (and pdf)… 

Problem solved:

I've created a new line type from scratch (resources, select a line type, new line type, highlight "complex line type", highlight "page…", … ).

This works fine.

The custom line types I've used and that caused problems were made changing existing custom line types in my stationary files. 

It seems to be that some of the custom line types need to be put in my trash.

How old are they? I think some of the resources were made using my first drawing program: MiniCad 6.

That's 22 years ago…

• Like 1