Sign in remember me

AlanW

Question

2 answers to this question

Making a guess - The tick box "yes" option places a cookie with your login prefs in your browser cache (or somewhere?), and does not auto delete any cookies when exit the website.

Browser privacy or security features might override this because with settings to reject/ignore all cookies, delete them after some specified time, delete when exit a website, or to just keep them all forever. The forum  "remember" option also needs your browser to keep the cookies, at least until your next login.

Some security software may override the browser settings.

I'm mildly paranoid about cookies, so I log in manually each visit and clear the cookies and cache often.

-B

• Like 1

Its likely you're noticing it because the default is the opposite to the old forum. I had to remember to check it each time the old forum reset and forced us to log back in. I like the new default because of this :D but I can see it would be inconvenient for others. It would be better if it were a preference you could set rather than something that appeared at each log in.

KM

• Like 1