How do I get walls, components, etc. to display correctly...

brettSF

There seems to be MANY ways to modify the visibility of objects, their classes, etc... So many that I've had a tough time parsing through all of the options, and have started to get frustrated.

An example of something I'm trying to do, but have not figured out how to achieve -- I'd like, in sections and elevations, for a gyp board wall (gyp board over wood framing) to appear with a hatch or solid color (whichever is easier). In plan I would like for that wall to take on a different solid color -- i.e., gyp board walls appear gray in elevation, but in plan appear red. Possible? Apologies if I'm missing something simple!

Hi, Number of ways to do it so in the attached file same wall by object and by component.

So both styled walls and you set the look by each component, (brick render etc) and notice its set by component.

If you want to use same wall but change the look in elevation you can just change a section to by object in the Resource Browser.

I prefer unstyled for existing as there may be many different thickness walls in a measure, but styled for new as I can control the changes in look all at once.

HTH

Untitled1_.vwx

Capture.JPG