Community Board | Forum Upgrade

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Welcome!

First, you will want to take a look at this introductory video on the various features and UI elements available to you:

Then, for any issues you may encounter, make sure to post them HERE with the tag "Forum" and we can get them addressed as soon as possible. If you are reading this message but are having issues logging in, please email tech@vectorworks.net and we can get you squared away.

I'm sure there will be questions and feedback, so feel free to ask away and press every button you see. This is a very new system and we want to get any kinks worked out as you come across them.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, barkest said:

Hi Jim, where are the file attachments from older posts?

Maybe I am missing something

thanks

They're currently not displaying properly, but they were imported. Working with the team now to get them to display as expected on each post.

You can make new attachments without any worry that they will change once we fix it, its just the one pre-migration that will be affected.

Something I forgot to include in the video (but ill be making simpler videos that arent 20 mins long later for each of the main features) are Mentions. You can now type the @ symbol followed by a name, such as @JimWto draw another user's attention to a particular post. Feel free to use this to summon me to anything you think I should be aware of!

• Like 1

If you're wondering where Signatures went... This feature needs to be switched on manually. To do so:

1. Go to the upper right corner and click on your username.
  2. In that menu, click on Account Settings.
  3. In the Settings area, click on Signature.
  4. Switch on the "View Signatures" option.

Account Settings.pngSignatures switched on.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jord Visser said:

Is it possible some posts made in the last week didn't get migrated?

Yes, theres a day or so in there that were missed, but if trying to grab it risks the rest of the content we won't be attempting recovery. Apologies, there were some holdups in migration that caused it.

Forum looks much improved, although I think there might be a bit too much blank space and the scroll wheel on my mouse is going to have its lifespan shortened.

Also, my "followed threads" seem to be messed up. All the threads I was previously following seem no longer to be followed, and apparently I am now following some threads I'd never even looked at previously.

The follow system you will have to rebuild, the problem was that the old system was completely broken internally, and when we reorganized the forum structure it made it worse. I recommend clearing it completely to start and following things you're interested in anew.

We're most likely going to add both a compressed theme (less empty space) and a dark variant theme as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 0:50 PM, JimW said:

We're most likely going to add both a compressed theme (less empty space) and a dark variant theme as well.

^ Hurrah

So much scrolling and wasted space. Even on a large screen you only get a peephole view of the world. I've found myself getting vertically dizzy and much less inclined to spend time here even though it's usually time well spent.

I wonder if I'm alone on this. And I wonder if the overall activity on the boards has diminished or increased since the changeover?

Edited by bcd