Spotlight Beam Doesn't Stop or Cast Shadows

JKaster

Hello,

So I am using VW Designer 2016 SP4, and I am having trouble with the spotlight beam.

I created a new file project solely to trouble shoot the beam, and found that the problem still persists.

Last time I did theatrical design I used VW 2011, and had no problem with the beam, but as the image below shows, the beam goes right through objects and casts no shadow.

The beam is checked for Cast Shadows, Soft Shadows, and Lit Fog

The object texture, is set to both Cast and Receive shadows, and has no transparency.

Renderings are done in Final Quality Renderworks, with no added ambient lighting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

rwr1Z6

n4IXLW

fTvBZt

w5pnDp

Wnncii

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

Couple questions for clarity. When you say "spotlight instrument texture" are you referring to the texture itself as imported from the resource browser, or are you referring to the spotlight object itself? I'll admit it's been a few years since I worked with a spotlight in VW, is there a 3rd option I'm overlooking?

When I pull up the spotlight on the object info palette: Cast Shadows, Soft Shadows, and Lit Fog are all turned ON.

When I pull up the edit texture palette for the applied texture (Carpet Berber 01 Lt Brown RT) Cast and Receive shadows is turned ON.

And if I want the object to cast shadows, why would I turn it OFF?

Thanks

Joel

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

Couple questions for clarity. When you say "spotlight instrument texture" are you referring to the texture itself as imported from the resource browser, or are you referring to the spotlight object itself? I'll admit it's been a few years since I worked with a spotlight in VW, is there a 3rd option I'm overlooking?

When I pull up the spotlight on the object info palette: Cast Shadows, Soft Shadows, and Lit Fog are all turned ON.

When I pull up the edit texture palette for the applied texture (Carpet Berber 01 Lt Brown RT) Cast and Receive shadows is turned ON.

And if I want the object to cast shadows, why would I turn it OFF?

Thanks

Joel