Saved Views versus Sheet Layers

I use both on every project, because there are often views that are useful in design that I never intend to print. I use saved views exclusively for navigation and sheets just for printing.

I also make saved views from viewports, if I've twiddled with a viewport a lot or decided to make multiple similar sheets.

Guest Wes Gardner

I kinda look at the two as completely separate issues. The Saved View, in my world, is my Class and Layer manager. It can also set various views.

Sheet Layers are where any view cut from the model is placed via viewports, then printed or distributed as a pdf.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2016 at 7:24 AM, Wes Gardner said:

I kinda look at the two as completely separate issues. The Saved View, in my world, is my Class and Layer manager. It can also set various views.

Sheet Layers are where any view cut from the model is placed via viewports, then printed or distributed as a pdf.

If only viewports had the option to set active layer and and active class then we could avoid having two systems and just use the drawing set as the navigation/ management tool.