'Package and Send' command

rDesign

Question

It would make using the Vectorworks Cloud Services so much easier if there were a 'Package and Send' command that would gather up everything needed by your file and automatically copy and upload everything to your Cloud Services folder. That means referenced .vwx files, images, PDFs and most importantly fonts.

Right now, for me anyways, I have to wait until the endless string of automated emails telling me what fonts are missing. Then I try and find the matching font, which isn't easy as the font's name is not the same as its file name. Some of the fonts I don't even remember selecting, like 'System Font Regular'.

An automated 'Package and Send' solution would also make things easier for sending working files to outside consultants.

2 answers to this question

Yes, and it would also be useful for archiving drawings to make sure you have all referenced files.

For that purpose I would like to have two additional options for Vectorworks for the package and send functionality:

1. to combine multiple drawings with common referenced resources to create a single package for the whole set of drawings

2. do as listed under 1 but afterwards on multiple packages, i.e. when multiple single drawing packages have been made for the same project and I would like to able to consolidate those packages by removing duplicates of referenced files and re-referencing the duplicate referenced files to a single folder containing those resources. This can reduce the size of an archive considerably.

• Like 1