Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Creating tool Commands

AlanW

Hi, looking at creating my own tool set commands that make all the Marionette networks available in one easy location.

I exported a network (multi sided poly column) and created a script then used the utility menu to customise my menu and add the tool command.

All works ok except there are no option for the selection of the number of sides.

I would say that i need another icon set up in the top line for the selection.

This is an exciting option. All the networks you make can become a simple tool set, your own user interface.

I can edit the Plugin definitions but not yet get into the Network to select number of sides.

I notice there is parameter option which appears to give option to select sides under plugin manager edit script???

Any ideas?

Very exciting.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest unlimited

Hi Alan,

I have done similar for Menu Commands - the main problem I have is that there is a 32,000 character limit to the script which only allows for a very small Marionette Network in the first pace.

Have you seen any such issues and if so, how did you get around them? The warning that the Plugin Manager gives is to use the import statement but we have not been able to do this successfully and the documentation on the web is very vague and not Vectorworks specific.