Paste-in-place into Auto-Hybrids

If I select and copy/cut an object that's not within a certain group, and then go into that group, and "paste in place", the object is then inside that group but in the same position relative to the outside world as it was before.

However, if I try and do the same but pasting into an Auto-Hybrid, then the object I'm trying to paste appears in some seemingly unrelated location and orientation, which is a bit annoying.

Is there any way around this?

• 1 year later...

@line-weight Hi, You will find this is you paste in an object and you are not on the same design layer as the Auto-hybrid was on. If you really want to rework an autohybrid flip to an isometric view and ungroup and it comes back to to the original object. Dont ungroup in top plan otherwise you get the 2D only.

Copying an autohybrid and un-grouping is good to get the 2D fill from the autohybrid.

52 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

@line-weight Hi, You will find this is you paste in an object and you are not on the same design layer as the Auto-hybrid was on. If you really want to rework an autohybrid flip to an isometric view and ungroup and it comes back to to the original object. Dont ungroup in top plan otherwise you get the 2D only.

Copying an autohybrid and un-grouping is good to get the 2D fill from the autohybrid.

I think you've misunderstood the problem we are talking about here. I don't want to ungroup the autohybrid. I want to paste-in-place something that was previously outside the autohybrid, into the autohybrid.

1 hour ago, Alan Woodwell said:

Hi yes I paste in place in an auto hybrid but I make sure I am copying from same design layer and pasting in the auto hybrid and it's on the same design layer.

I'd like to see an example.

Unless the objects you use to create the Auto Hybrid are perfectly symmetrical about the origin point so the resulting Auto Hybrid's origin overlays the document origin or you re-align the Auto Hybrid object after creation so its origin overlays the document origin you cannot successfully Paste In Place into an Autohybrid.

It would be better if Auto Hybrids allowed the user to define their origin as part of the creation process, like you can for symbols.

Kevin

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...