Open or Closed

Based in the same principle the following file allows you to open and close the 3 drawers from a single OIP.

In this case you have to position the x,y centre of each drawer otherwise they will sit over each other.

So set up a cabinet then draw the drawers and get the centre. once you convert to an object the points are irrelevant as the objects move around with the final result. You can move and rotate the final cabinet with drawers and they remain attached.

Kevin,

Attached is a file that allows you to change the backdrop scenes with a network.

I have put 4 scenes and if you select them they all show up and you can put either one up or down.

This is fun :)

Nice. And pretty simple to code. This is sort of what I was trying to achieve in this thread - https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=230719#Post230719 - but instead of "open" or "closed" I wanted "have it" or "not have it" which I don't think is possible with the current conditional nodes.

If they implement a float slider node like they have in C4D in the next generation of Marionette then it would be even better - https://2cb28812e42cdd0881d2e1bccfffd32e8ad484e8-www.googledrive.com/host/0B2iAZL5Uq_C8Yk1VVFhpMXZEczA/US/pics/020054.jpg

Its basically a horizontal volume control where you can customize the parameters....

Kevin

Kevin,Yes possible see attached.

The logic is when you do the IF node you have to replace it with something and I used a Locus Node.

If you turn all off you need to go into top plan view and locate the locus and select to turn on.

Will have to find a better solution to this.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Another addition the left drawer has random selection of objects that are in the drawer. Everytime you open or close the drawer the symbols change. So you can add surprise to your scene or game and create many symbols and have them randomly appear in drawers.

Game?? Can we create a game with Marionette????

mmmmm

Great the opening draw.

What I am trying to do now is to be able to decide in percentage how much you can open the draw. So I am fighting to get a popup equal to the one you have in the texture or light OIP where you can slide from 0 do 100%

From what I understand it has to do with

“Marionette.OIPControl( 'shape', Marionette.WidgetType.Popup, 0, ['Open','Closed'])”

‘shape’ is the name ‘ ‘Marionette.WidgetType.Popup,’ is the type of window, ‘0’ allows to see what are the choices and ‘open…close’ is what you choose. So I need to find the right WidgetType

I have been searching in vw scripts… nothing. I found WidgetType: text, Boolean and a few others attached to Popup for layers or class but no chance in getting the right Popup.

Any idea?

Simple way is to simply take out the open closed option and place a distance to move option in its place.

First drawer has maths calc and is by percentage open.

Easy to do it this way.

Many more options to do this am sure.

See attached.

Max opening is set to 200mm.

Now a slider control would be nice. :)

Edited by Alan Woodwell