Manual Classes

Jim Smith

Question

I would really, really, really, REALLY like to have an alternative to Auto Classing ON or OFF. I would like to have a choice of Manual Classing. So, for example if I want to have a File that has only ONE Class - NONE, I could choose that every single thing that I draw, including PIO's would ONLY have the NONE Class.*

Presently one must strip Classes out of a file, even with Auto Classing Turned off, and even if & when creating the first instance of a PIO, all of its attributes may be set to NONE Class, however; the PIO auto generates a handful of Classes. More often than not, I don't want, don't need, don't like the Classes that a PIO Generates & I have to weed the garden of all these Classes.

(*NOTE, I wouldn't want to go to the extreme of only ONE but may want to have a simple drawing with only a very small number of Classes)

4 answers to this question

I can't stand all Auto Classes.

Doesn't mean that I would not prefer Auto Classing.

But I want control over each class name !

Second, if we haven't, and plugin objects come with unwanted default classes.

I want to at least be able to pick more than one single class only at one time to

assign my own classes to, for example, the Windows Tool.

+1 on this request. Autoclassing is a problem. It's an example among many of how software engineers are pressing THEIR solutions and priorities on us. Software engineers are great at what they do, but we are also professionals working in a different area of expertise, and we need to have control over decisions that work best for our purposes.

I just don't see why this can't be a solution provided to the user in the form of a wizard or macro. Isn't this what marionette was touted to be? I have tons of things I would like to have auto classed. VW needs to help users work on projects faster. Some days I spend more time organizing files than actually working on them.