Rendering extrude containing multiple polys

Kevin McAllister

Question

I wish that Extrudes made from multiple polys always rendered as if each item in the extrude were a separate item. This type of extrude should not render as if its a solid addition (OpenGL always does this. Hidden line sometimes loses some of the lines.)

There are good reasons for making extrudes containing multiple polys and keeping them that way. I know I can ungroup them to make it render correctly.

My main example is creating planks for a floor or tabletop. I want the board lines but I also want the ease of editing multiple polygons at once instead of each individual board as a separate extrude.

Kevin

4 answers to this question

Do you mean the texture mapping or want to assign different materials ?

Beside I don't see any differences between a bunch of single extrudes or

a multi extrude in rendering - all appear :)

Did I miss something ?

Here's what I get when I render -

On the left where the board lines show I had to ungroup the objects that were extruded together to get the lines to show.

On the right is the extrude before ungrouping, no board lines.

VW should see them as separate objects if they are separate polygons/polylines in the extrude. Some render modes will show a few of the lines, but to have it be reliable I have to ungroup the extrude which I don't want and shouldn't have to do. It used to work reliably.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=16359&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-08-19%20at%2012.05.41%20PM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister