Saving Custom Renderworks Style

markdd

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not yet unfortunately. You will have to create a new Renderworks Style resource, then configure that the same as you have configured the custom settings.

I've put in a request that "Save as Style" be added as a button at the top of the Custom Renderworks settings, similar to how Wall Styles and similar style dialogs work.

I never used that custom renderworks style and really question if that redundancy

should exist at all.

1. You pick one of the realistic render styles, like "realistic exterior fast"

to render your model for the first time.

2. It gets copied to the resource browser like any other Wall/Slab//or other style

Also it will be displayed on top of the render style dropdown list.

3. You give it a readable name

4. You adapt the settings to your scene

5. You duplicate it from there to create additional styles for different purposes,

like preview/final, day/night, white/color, ...

These will be "real" custom styles.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll make a recommendation here. For many rendering projects I keep producing and improving styles since each presents different settings I need, not just quality but backgrounds, artistic edges, camera effects, environmental reflections, number of bounces, light intensity, grass, displacement mapping, etc.

All of those I keep track of saving them in a favorites file, same for backgrounds. Here you have a couple of samples, one made with an artistic style, notice the thin edges and the other one a bit more real, including some camera effects.

Interior_Day_w_mountains.png

Landmark-3d_sculpture-1.jpg

• Like 2

I don't understand the use of "Custom Renderworks Style" + Lighting Option Window.

It is even teached in latest (very wonderful but very fast) Render Tutorial Videos.

If you use the Render Styles created in Ressource Manager, you will have all related
Settings including Light and Background in one Window.

So I "bump" being able to create Render Styles from Custom RW Style ...

Here is a reason when to use Rendering Style over Custom Renderworks.  In this illustration for the faucets to stand out, to pop and make them look shiny and with volume, I needed to add an environmental reflection. That background feature is only possible with rendering styles. So it is a matter of knowing the limitations of each rendering mode.

Faucets.jpg