help on wall recesses

Can someone confirm that this problem is not operator error: I'm trying to cut grooves in a retrofit layer of EIFS. When adding the grooves as a wall recess, I can't get it to work correctly. I attached two files showing some of the problems. 1) the horizontal groove only renders for part of the way. 2) When using wall caps, the groove won't cut through the wall cap.

If have found many other issues when trying to manipulate these grooves.

Can someone tell me if there a way to do this, or confirm it is the software fault so I don't keep trying to do this ?

thanks .....

one big help was to pull the recess object away from the wall surface before making the recess. That fixed one problem. However, look at the wall plan that resulted. (attached). I also tried a vertical groove, and you can see the start of it in the plan. But this plan is clearly messed up. Look at what it does to the wall cap, and changes the window opening.

More help, please.

Hi,

2 things were happening.

For you Slab your classes were set to none. You need a solid on them otherwise they will not be able to add a texture.

Walls, you didn't have a texture selected in the wall style, so there was no component to show.

See attached, I added different textures so they stand out.

File got over 2M so couldn't post even zip the textures do it.

If cant understand i can post to a drop box.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

well, thanks for helping, but, I must be very ignorant. I don't see what a slab has to do with this ... the file I posted had nothing but a wall. I also don't know why changing any texture should make the 2D plan be all messed up. Are you sure you're answering my question and not someone else's ? The wall image you posted doesn't show any recess grooves in it, like my original problem stated. There does appear to be lines, as if they are part of a texture. However, I'm asking about actual 3D grooves like you might have at a joint for EIFS.

I decided to make a work-around by simply adding a 3D Generic solid layer of EIFS instead of trying to put recesses in the walls. Then I used "subtract solids" to make the grooves. Thus, this in only an academic discussion for me now. But I'm still curious to know if there is a way to put EFIS grooves/joints, in a wall object without messing up the 2D plan or stopping the joints at the wall corners. Any comments, anyone ?