viewing the entire model

I was wondering how you view the entire model(ie- 1st flr, 2nd flr, and roof layers) with a costume view.

Do i need to create a viewport? It seems I limited in the object info

Is there a layer link to link all 3 layers.

I don't recall how to view the entire model with all 3 layer to move to the view I want

@ MacB

Your signature indicates v2010. I think Unified View is new feature of v2010. Look in View menu>Unified View and Unified View options. Enable Unified View and adjust the Unified View Options as needed.

Also, check View>Layer Options. Choose Show Others or Show Snap Others, or Show Snap Modify Others (These settings are also available in the Navigation Palette). In the Organization Palette>Design Layer tab or Navigation Palette>Design Layer tab, the layers are listed in rows. At left side of this list are several columns. Click in the left column to make a layer visible (eyeball icon appears). Middle column (x icon) makes a layer invisible except when it is active layer. Right column (gray eyeball) makes a layer gray. Click next to a layer name (check mark) to make a layer the active layer.

Yes, Layer Links preceded Unified View and accomplishes many of the same things. Make internet search for Vectorworks Layer Link to find several videos.

If desired layers are set to Visible and the layer options are set for any of the Show Others, Unified View is off, another technique is to use the View> Align Layer Views command. This aligns the visible layers. But if the view is changed, only the active layer view changes. Apply the Align Layer Views again after each view change.

Post back if not clear or not working.

-B