Callout Shoulder Size Shifts On Import?

slothrop

I'm working on VW2014 and a colleague is sending me files exported back from VW2016. When I copy/paste detail drawings from his design layer to mine (same scale), the callout shoulder length changes. Actually, the length value stays the same, but it goes from relating to the scaled objects to relating to the page, so a 12" shoulder that fits nicely in a detail now spans an actual 12" across the sheet after it is pasted in to the other file.

I don't mind it either way—though I think the shoulder should relate to the page—but would like to set it one way and not worry about shifts. Is there a setting for this? Is it a problem of going between versions? Thanks for any help.

Slothrop

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like this is a confirmed bug, but the bug is unfortunately in Vectorworks 2014 which isn't going to get any more service packs. However, the issue was resolved as of the last SP for 2015 it seems so it should not occur going forward.