Kevin McAllister

Adjust sweep using Reshape Tool

Question

I'd like to be able to adjust the start and end handles of a sweep using the Reshape Tool much like I can adjust the length of an extrude except around the curve of a sweep.

Kevin

8 answers to this question

Don't you just double click on the sweep object and then use the reshape tool to move the poly around, unless i am missing the point.

Tried it and can change. a sweep object, get to the poly and adjust.

Alan,

I want to adjust the sweep angle from both ends when its less than 360 degrees, much like you can adjust an extrude or an arc.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=16295&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-08-16%20at%208.33.10%20PM.png

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Ah, I thought Kevin meant saving some steps by dragging height/diameter - That can be done via a couple methods, but they involve several clicks: 1) As Alan says, edit the sweep profile. Or, 2) Group the Sweep and drag the handles. But #2 only works if Sweep axis is parallel to one of the xyz axes, AND, the view is parallel to one of the xyz axes.

So, still +1 for the initial wish.

Dragging from either end would be great, as would OIP adding numeric control options from center of path, and end of path instead of always start of path.

-B