Misalignment between stacked walls' texture & surface hatches

I've got walls stacked on two separate layers, with the same wall style and same texture for vertical siding. The texture definition contains a suface hatch as well. If I align the siding pattern texture (in OpenGL), then the surface hatches do not align in hidden line render mode (see the screen shots). If align the surface hatches, then the textures don't align. The walls are using the identical texture definition – why would they not be the same? Can't find a way to remedy this! Any ideas?

Separately, is there really no way to automatically align horizontally repeating textures (I assume 'Use World Z for Origin' is only for vertically repeating textures, e.g. horizontal siding)?

Hello Jim – after aligning the surface hatch in hidden line, the texture is equally misaligned in OpenGL, Fast Renderworks, and Final Quality Renderworks. On the other side of the building I have two other stacked walls with the same texture – these align perfectly both ways, but they also happen to be on the same design layer (don't know if that's the decisive difference here)...