VW File - Finder Preview Thumbnail

zoomer

Question

22 answers to this question

For me it always uses active layer only.

That is why I can't recognize my files from Thumbnails again.

Especially if activating a Camera unwanted switched my VIZ Layer active

that includes only lights and cameras. (Which they do since SP4 ?)

So something you will send a request ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Still not able to replicate this, however it may be possible the issue is related to QuickLook, open Terminal on your Macs (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and then enter the following:

qlmanage -r

Then press enter. Reboot the machine and then see if the thumbnails start updating as expected. The thumbs SHOULD be showing exactly what was in your drawing area at the moment of the last save, whether it was top/plan or otherwise.

• Like 1

Jim, I tried your reset suggestion and I still don't have any previews. I also followed the instructions in the help - http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2016/eng/index.htm#t=VW2016_Guide%2FStart%2FPreviewing_Vectorworks_Files_from_the_Operating_System.htm&rhsearch=mac preview&rhhlterm=mac preview&rhsyns=

It seems to be VW specific.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 1.27.08 PM.pngHere's what I see with "show icon preview" off

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 1.26.39 PM.pngAnd here's what I see with "show icon preview" on

Quicklook just shows me an enlarged VW icon....

Kevin

16 minutes ago, JimW said:

You may also want to give this a try, but I have not used it in a long time. It was designed to fix a similar issue with other versions and we may use the same system now:
http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1121/QuickLook+Preview+stops+working+on+Mac+OS+X

My operating system is too new for any of the versions there and there is no longer a Library folder for Quicklook under OSX 10.11.6. I'll try the admin account test.

KM

On 2.9.2016 at 7:47 PM, zoomer said:

For me it does update a new thumbnail every time I save my file, reliably.

Just that there is only the active layer shown when in a 3D view.
I don't know how saving a screenshot of the view window could display
anything else than my view window content ?

Just want to point out,

that issue with saving only active Layer to Finder Preview when saving file on macOS,

was fixed with early VW 2017.

VW 2017 saves VW Files Finder Image Preview again as expected with all visible Layers.

BTW,

here, Sierra SP2 and VW 2017 SP2 also for File Symbol Preview in Cover Flow or similar

Finder Modes, everything fine.

Don't know if there is still any other issues mentioned in other Post in this Thread.

On 2.9.2016 at 7:47 PM, zoomer said:

For me it does update a new thumbnail every time I save my file, reliably.

Just that there is only the active layer shown when in a 3D view.
I don't know how saving a screenshot of the view window could display
anything else than my view window content ?

Oh no !

It is coming back xD

Icon Showing only Active Layer, not what is in View Window.

On 9/2/2016 at 7:27 PM, JimW said:

Still not able to replicate this, however it may be possible the issue is related to QuickLook, open Terminal on your Macs (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and then enter the following:

qlmanage -r

Then press enter. Reboot the machine and then see if the thumbnails start updating as expected. The thumbs SHOULD be showing exactly what was in your drawing area at the moment of the last save, whether it was top/plan or otherwise.

Doesn't work with VW 2016 SP6 latest OSX (10.13.2).

Any solution yet?