Sign in to follow this  
J. Wallace

Saving stipple

Hello

I was adding some stipple to a simple gravel pathway when I thought it might be a good idea to save this. I saved the stipple, it took perhaps 30 seconds to save which surprised me. I then discovered my file went from 117 mb to 1.13 GB.

I deleted the saved stipple in my resource browser and it returned to 117 mb. Amazing to see VW still running with a file that size. Anyone saved stipples before and had this type of experience?

Edited by J. Wallace

Yes, the stipple is enormously memory and processor intensive. It's basically useless, for something that at first glance seems to be a simple thing.

Yes

A long time ago when it was first introduced I tried it out.

It bloated my file so much it was unworkable so I chalked it up to the human figure tool syndrome and abandoned it completely.

It is an IMMENSE resource hog and I have never figured out why. Usually it can be replaced by the much more efficient Tile fill these days.