Vectorworks 2017

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
8 minutes ago, zoomer said:

Complete List of 2017 Changes.

Is the one in 2017 help complete ?
http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/index.htm#t=VW2017_Guide%2FNewFeatures%2FNew_Features.htm%23XREF_57745_New_Features

As I see many little annoying things changed or repaired which will not appear on the typical feature lists.
(Things like Slab Cut Faces now appearing with Clip Cube and such ...)

This is the large majority of features that were considered "new functionality." There are more that might not be user visible at all, rengineering tasks where things are rebuilt in modern programming languages, dialogs are rebuilt, etc.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

Jim any idea when the concept of copying components from other styles as per the new windows and doors styles will be available for walls and slabs...this has been requested many times and I find it SO annoying having to recreate an already existing component.

My personal guess is that it would depend on the reception of Window and Door Styles, if the system is well liked, it is very likely we would spread this type of control to more tools.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JimW said:

My personal guess is that it would depend on the reception of Window and Door Styles, if the system is well liked, it is very likely we would spread this type of control to more tools.

Although I think this new method is a good start, I still think it should be taken one step further where we could pull components from a pre-defined/user customizable "materials library" instead of being limited to searching exist wall/slab styles. One advantage is that this library could be put in the cloud to share with all project members to ensure standardization.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

Although I think this new method is a good start, I still think it should be taken one step further where we could pull components from a pre-defined/user customizable "materials library" instead of being limited to searching exist wall/slab styles. One advantage is that this library could be put in the cloud to share with all project members to ensure standardization.

Wishlist it up! Now is a fantastic time for new wishlist items, Engineering is is already in the planning for the next version. (They live about 18 months into the future.)

Also, anyone with a wish that would be changed because of features we just released, please feel free to bump your previous wishes with an update, I will be catching up on those in the coming days.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tom Klaber said:

Now that renderworks is included - how does that affect the Service Select pricing?  

All questions about pricing should go to sales, because the pricing structures are different for various users I can't discuss it publicly. (Also I'm very likely to get it wrong and I make enough of a fool of myself already ;) )

6 minutes ago, Tom Klaber said:

The Renderworks video mentions the ability to create panoramic images - does this include the full 360 images that can be viewed in VR or any 360 panno viewer? 

I think it's referring to the exported VR webviews, they're a full 360 panoramic environment. However I'm not entirely positive, I didn't work directly on the super flashy videos. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Klaber said:

(Website Issue Heads-Up)

It appears that there is a small issue with the vectorworks.net/2017 page.  The log-in button only works if you are the very top - when it transitions to the sticky header it loses its links.  

Reported! Ty.