Vectorworks 2017

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 minute ago, zoomer said:

Does RW for change anything to the Select Service Contracts in the future of those
who once bought it and had a higher fee ?

You will have to check with whomever your sales rep is for that. Not deflecting, I genuinely just do not know how that structure has changed, if at all.

3 minutes ago, zoomer said:

Does RW for change anything to the Select Service Contracts in the future of those

who once bought it and had a higher fee ?

If the VSS fee does not change for anyone (with or without Renderworks) perhaps you could negotiate an "upgrade" to designer instead to compensate for the "freebie" that the rest may be getting, otoh it could also be likely that for those not yet having Renderworks the VSS rate might go up a bit. I guess, as Jim said, it will depend on the local distributor.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
20 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

So many fun things - so many questions.

Renderworks for everybody!  Is this built on the new R16 engine?  I am assuming not as there is no mention to any other rendering upgrades besides C4D texture import (which is awesome).

Actually it was R16..C4D import and Export

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

@JimW I am soooooo excited by this tiny little thing, so excited!! all SLVP have the Drawing Number field in the OIP! :D

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 5.16.23 PM.png

My mouth wrote some big checks when I started visiting the forum originally a few years ago, soon it will be possible to cash them and this is just the start. Development is a HUGE heavy thing to affect, and it of course couldn't turn on a dime, but I am now firmly confident it is heading in the right direction. I'm glad you found it so quickly and liked it! It's there because you and others made the requests and gave explanation of your needs.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, JimW said:

My mouth wrote some big checks when I started visiting the forum originally a few years ago, soon it will be possible to cash them and this is just the start. Development is a HUGE heavy thing to affect, and it of course couldn't turn on a dime, but I am now firmly confident it is heading in the right direction. I'm glad you found it so quickly and liked it! It's there because you and others made the requests and gave explanation of your needs.

Being able to control Drawing Numbers for all SLVPs directly from the OIP is a very welcome addition.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Interesting that there's not a single mention of Marionette in the brochure......

KM

A whole boatload of features do not have mention in the marketing materials, we only had so much time so we cherry picked what got videos and images. But tomorrow morning I will be dropping all kinds of knowledge on both the big and little things and Marissa has special plans for Marionette as she mentioned, so I'll leave that in her capable hands.

• Like 1

Complete List of 2017 Changes.

Is the one in 2017 help complete ?
http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2017/eng/index.htm#t=VW2017_Guide%2FNewFeatures%2FNew_Features.htm%23XREF_57745_New_Features

As I see many little annoying things changed or repaired which will not appear on the typical feature lists.
(Things like Slab Cut Faces now appearing with Clip Cube and such ...)

Edited by zoomer
Jim had the same idea and was faster ...

To start everyone off, have a look at the main launch commercial:

Followed by the flashier commercials for some of the larger features:

Then, a meaty course of individual feature videos, many of them detailed how-tos on the use and purpose of the new tools and commands: