Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Get Wall Style

AlanW

Marissa,

Thanks, your a genius, so good to have so much help from this Forum. You can spend days trying things that seem logical and then Duh just wire them direct. One would think that both walls and slabs would work the same.

So thanks again.

This is where Marionette is coming into its own now, try doing this manually and see how long it takes.

This has got so much potential.

Will do a video of this process and how i got to here to share the process and bring as many as i can up to this level.

I guess the next step is to work with storeys and Levels via marionette to build a building.

Also you get an error message just before the model generates, need to find out what it is.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Its amazing ow quickly you can put a concept together with a script.

This has been drawn from 5 separate polygons. once run its a real 3d model and is editable as if you drew it from scratch.

So quick.

Still a lot more to understand so a lot more can be done.

Are there ceilings we can use or are they totally separate plugins and not codeable?

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 6 years later...
On 8/3/2016 at 4:13 PM, Marissa Farrell said:

Hi Alan,

The SetWallStyle function takes a string rather than an index, unlike the SetSlabStyle.

You can directly wire your String node to the wallStyle port in your Set Wall Style node.

Hope this helps!

Hi Marissa,

Where can i find the SetWallStyle node? I can't find it in Vectorworks marionette.