"Show other objects" shortcut

• 6 years later...
34 minutes ago, Flair-Studio said:

Would be cool to have the possibility to run the visibility on/off command with just one keyboard tap instead of having to go to the menu board with the mouse. It would speed up the 3d modelling phase significantly...

I imagine this can be scripted + would be fairly simple to do. I have a script that is assigned to a keyboard shortcut which allows me to toggle 'Grey Other Objects' on + off because that setting is way more of a pain to get to than 'Show other objects...' is!

(needless to say I didn't write the script + it was probably @Pat Stanford who very kindly did)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jesse Cogswell said:

Super-duper simple.  Script is a single Vectorscript line:

SetPref(14, NOT GetPref(14));

Jesse what would the script look like in Python, if you're able to say? Just interested. And very ignorant. Many thanks

The Script you need is just one line:

SetPref(14,Not(GetPref(14)));

Go to the Tools:Plug-ins:Plug-in Manager.

Click the New button at the bottom left.

Choose Command from the dialog box and name it what you want the menu to say.

Click the Edit Script button. Paste the script line from above into the editor. Click the OK button. Click the Close Button.

Edit your workspace to add the new menu command you just created to your workspace.

One limitation of this is that is you have the Quick Pref Option for Show Other Object visible, this script does not toggle the state of that icon and I don't know how to make it do so.

HTH

• Like 1