Ability to lock position of Section Line symbols

rDesign

Question

Too many times I have accidentally moved the Section Line symbols for Section Viewport, only discovering it much later when I see that my section viewports are empty (well past the point where I can 'undo' the damage).

I wish there were a check-box on the Section Line OIP that allowed you to globally 'lock position' for all instances of the Section Line, much like you can lock the position for a referenced Design Layer Viewport.

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 2

4 answers to this question

I would also like the ability to lock a Section Viewport in place similar to the way other design layer viewports can be locked. Considering that Section Viewports need to be updated frequently when the plan updates it would be nice to have an extra level of security that when you click on it to update it or change layer / class settings you don't risk inadvertently moving it.

This is especially important when using a section viewport on a design layer as a background for laying out 2D section line work. I currently put the 2D line work on a separate layer which helps reduce the chances of inadvertently moving the section viewport and would likely continue doing that regardless. In general I would like Vectorworks to provide better tools for displaying section viewports in 2D format such as a trace option where you can window an area of the viewport and generate 2D line work from it. I've heard Revit has a similar option.