3DConnexion Mouse

8 minutes ago, JimW said:

I have a SpaceNavigator and an Enterprise version, they exhibit the exact same problems for me here on my machine. They're mapped almost identically as far as the joystick portion is concerned so I would expect similar problems on the entire range.

Ok, thanks.

Strangely, as explained in my post a few days ago, my obsolete - and not officially supported on mac - old version Spacepilot behaves better than my new, current-model Spacepilot Pro.

23 hours ago, line-weight said:

I find that everything works fine when using 3Dconnexion's own "trainer" software. All perfectly smooth and as it should be so it seems unlikely there's a hardware problem. (Does the same apply to the CADmouse?)

The problem seems to come in its interaction with VW, somehow.

100% - if it worked in VectorWorks like the space Navigator does in the demo software, it would be a dream.

It's pretty much why I purchased in the first place!

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Fix is coming. Meanwhile here is the conf I use. Same works for 2017. This is the bad boy I use daily. Now, here is my tip, in order to make all the buttons work I assign special shortcuts to my favorite functions in vwx and match via macro to my the 3dnavigator. Yes, I created a my own custom workspace. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 5.32.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.08.04 AM.png

3Dx_SpaceMouse_Enterprise_ISOleft.jpg

Edited by Luis M Ruiz

For me it does after I deleted my pre-10.4.2 preferences and did some clean un/installs.

You have to care about the "overall speed" setting being low enough in the first tab of

the driver suite. For "Any App" or your custom VW settings.

(Which you may need to mix up the axis to be Vectorworkish)

And now after switching that Navigation Graphics option on and off a few times, I can't get the broken behavior to come back, its now working perfectly.

Going to try a few complete resets and see if I can nail down whats happening. If not I will pass it off to engineering again.

Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics

It automagically "fixed" the issue I was having, however even when I return the setting to Best Compatibility, the issue does not recur, so most likely the setting is resetting the VGM entirely which may be the actual root of the issue. Trying to find a follow-able series of steps that any user can use to completely reset everything reliably.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, line-weight said:

I've just installed SP2 and was hopeful that the 3dconnexion issues might have been improved/resolved .... nothing has changed though, unfortunately.

If you reset everything as described here, does it behave the same way?

I'm tackling the configuration again now that I've been able to get on the latest macOS and do some modeling work with it.

5 hours ago, JimW said:

If you reset everything as described here, does it behave the same way?

I'm tackling the configuration again now that I've been able to get on the latest macOS and do some modeling work with it.

Ah, ok, I didn't see that. I will try doing this tomorrow. I'm on El Capitan at the moment - are you recommending going to Sierra as part of the process?

• 4 weeks later...
On 23.12.2016 at 4:58 PM, Andrew Davies said:

I am sure this is old news, but have you all updated to 3D Connexion's latest driver?  I did a clean install and the latest version was 10.4.3

Working really well on defaults.  Also noticed that Vectorworks comes supported out of the box with lots of VWX specific commands.

Can someone please provide a screenshot of the new VW Settings delivered with 10.4.3.

I see no changes although i did an "Install Plugins".

Maybe because I already have a custom "Vectorworks 2017" Setting,

which I don't want to delete for nothing.