C4D+VW2017

Hi Jim,

You've mentioned that the engineers were working on this aspect of VW so, without giving details, could you give me your opinion of the state of the C4D connection to VW2017. Has it been improved including the feedback from users?

I'm deciding whether to continue my VW service select or not as this is the only feature of real interest to me. Any feedback would be useful.

Thanks, Jershaun

6 weeks before release date, a new RW should be complete already.

Regarding the 2016 camera update that broke them and will not be fixed

for a whole release, I think there will be deeper changes.

So I expect something between perfect and total disaster.

Fingers crossed.

BTW

Coming C4D release announcement looks even more boring than last

release's new features. (Regarding Prime or Visual Versions without Mograph)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Hi Jim,

You've mentioned that the engineers were working on this aspect of VW so, without giving details, could you give me your opinion of the state of the C4D connection to VW2017. Has it been improved including the feedback from users?

There have been changes and they are significant, both for import and export. I am unable to detail further, but the link between Vectorworks and Cinema4D is going to be strengthened both this release and in later ones.

6 weeks before release date, a new RW should be complete already.

If only!

There have been changes and they are significant, both for import and export. I am unable to detail further, but the link between Vectorworks and Cinema4D is going to be strengthened both this release and in later ones.

Are any of these changes dependent on a specific version of C4D? My subscription for C4D is up at the end of August and I'd like to make an informed decision about renewing.

Thanks,

Kevin

I think there was no real extra costs when I upgraded again from Prime to Visualize

short after my R17 Release. There is the upgrade price + higher MSA fee.

That didn't help much for RW at the end so far. At least no more plugin warnings.

Hope that VW 17 will change that.

.... and in later ones.

Ooops,

I've overseen that. I'm scared.