Tom Klaber

Text Size in Symbols In VP Anotations DWG Export Issue

I think this is a broader issue than the title makes it sound.

When we have tag symbols with record text in the annotations of a Viewport - that text exports WAY small when we send out DWGs. I am going to run tests to see if it a page based / world based issue, but the symbol geometry does not necessarily shrink - just the text.

Is this a known issue?

Edited by Tom Klaber

I've not seen it, but haven't done much detailed export in 2016.

Check into whether you are exporting from Design or Sheet layers, and whether you are exporting into paper space or model space. That confusion got me several times!

We are exporting the sheet layers (because that is where the annotations are). I have tried exporting both to Paper space, and Model space, And even Making viewports graphic symbols - and the issue is persistent with all of these methods...

No this should not be happening, one of the key goals of DWG import/export is that it be possible to maintain appearance.

Please do submit it. I do not see an outstanding case for it after a quick search.

Yea, just want to confirm this bug as well. I use page-symbols within VP Annotations and exporting to CAD shrinks all the page symbols.

Has this issue been solved? We are having the same issue when exporting sheets into DWG. All the symbols with record formats, text shrinks and it's invisible.