Layers and Rendering

Hello,

I'm using VW 10.1.2 standard on MacOS 9.2.2.

I have a document with 3 layers, and want 2 of the layers to have shaded renderings in front and iso views. The 3rd layer has my title block

I have been able to scale the 2 layers and move them with the move view tool to fit nicely on an 8-1/2x11 page for printing.

The problem is one of the shaded views always blocks out the other view. When I change to wireframe or hidden line, I can see both views just fine.

I have changed layer ordering and also the type of transfer from one layer to the next (ie changing "Paint" to "Overlay") to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Chris

Any rendered view will block the layers under it in the stack. I usually place the rendered layer at the bottom, so all other layers on above can be seen. You'll have to 'move' one of your rendered layers by using the Layer Link tool to place one rendering on one of the rendered layers. In this way both renderings are on the same layer, and will not block each other or other visible layers.

IF you have architect, use the Model View tool to create multiple views of several layers.

You can then render all of them at the same time.

Rendering is limited to one layer at a time, which is why layer links are necessary.

The Model View tool doens't require layer links and the end result is a group of the objects in the selected layers set to a view you decide.

You can have a front and an iso view all on the same layer wtihout jumping thru hoops like you had to before - or like you do without architect.

Thanks for the replies Jim & Katie,

I am able to copy and paste my linked layer to another rendered layer, so now I get the two views rendered together.

When I pasted in my linked layer, it assumed the scale of the layer that I pasted it into. I want to keep the scale of the linked layer. Is there a way to do this?

Chris