adding window schedule criteria

I am trying to add the user field 1 to the window schedule in a column. I would think that I would just type in the criteria into the database header for that column but it doesn't seem to work. For instance the Notes from the window data is "=(Window.WindowDesc)" so I was looking at the field value for the user field 1 and based on some research I would think it is "=(Window.UsrFld1)". Entering information into the column data field cell doesn't seem to register through the various windows in the schedule. Even if I paste in the Note function from a different column which works nothing seems to happen. I am wondering how to customize these columns and if there is an easier way to modify a single column in a window schedule and to have it register through. I created a brand new column and it still doesn't seem to work. It seems as if I get how to edit the criteria for the entire schedule but not for individual items.

I am pretty sure that the formatting for the database (both header and data rows) has to be the same.

Many people go to the view menu and uncheck the Show Database Headers so they don't get the object counts etc. that show up in the database header.

You can then use the spreadsheet row above to put your titles in and use the Format:Cell:Border functions to make the bottom border as you like.

Or am I misunderstanding the problem?