Help with Roof modelling

Hi all,

I am now transferring drawings (that were done on archicad) onto VW to start it out and so far, it has been very smooth. However, that all came to a slight halt when trying to get my head around with the AEC create roof tool.

What I need to do is to create an opening in the middle (as shown in the attached drawings) but all I can get VW to do is as per the second image.

Can anyone suggest how I could possibly model this correctly?

Thanks!

Ok, since my initial message above, i have been trying out few things and with Roof Face tool, I have managed to get the shape/model (of an existing house) looking right as it is.

Now, I have a question about how to make the walls to meet and become a gable end wall?

Ok, since my initial message above, i have been trying out few things and with Roof Face tool, I have managed to get the shape/model (of an existing house) looking right as it is.

Now, I have a question about how to make the walls to meet and become a gable end wall?

In addition to fitting the walls to the roof as you discovered, you can also change the roof edge shape to create the gable end walls:

Changing the Roof Edge Shape : Vw2016 Help