"Critical openDWG error"

When trying to open a .dwg from our conultants, I constantly run into this "critical openDWG error" about halfway through the process. I've had them bind the drawings, remove the xrefs, nothing seems to work except that they send me dxf files instead, which is very time consuming for them. The conultants are using AutoCAD 2000, I'm using VW 9.5.3, Mac OS 9.2.2. Any thoughts why this may be happening? It seems even more strange that in other projects that I've dealt with the same consultants, I haven't had nearly this much trouble importing dwgs...

thanks,

Heather

That can mean a few things.

Sometimes it can be components within the dwg are not supported by the version of VW you are using, the file version itself is not supported, or there is a corrupt object in the drawing causing the problem.

If you want to email the problem to me, feel free to. Please include the OS you are using, version of DWG file and version of VW and I'll see what I can find out here.

If the dwg file was created with architectural desktop, please include that also.

Click to email

me