Today's Date and Time

Tom Klaber

Question

I would love the ability to add a Today's Date to symbols. I obviously do not know for sure - but excel can do it - something that reads computer date and time.

It would be super handy - we would use it as a PRINT DATE - so we would always know when something was printed regardless of whether the title block was globally changed - which rarely happens unless there is a issue.

9 answers to this question

This is great. This will work in the short term - but I need to be able to embed this into my title block and maintain the same functionality. Embedded data stamps to not update upon export.

If it would be best if it was a '=//today(mm/dd/yyyy)' kind of code or better, attach text to a record which is set to display today's date, or time, or filename.

Mark,

How do you have your title blocks set up? Do you reference your title blocks in? It seems like it loses most of its usefulness if I need to remember to go into the title block symbol, and then update the timestamp before export.

Maybe I am doing it wrong? We do not use sheet borders (yet).