Vwx not responding after syncing with LW6

Vectorworks is repeatedly crashing after trying to sync to a file that LW6 has updated. It just stops responding as soon as it starts if there's an .xml file to sync to. When I delete the .xml file, it no longer crashes, but when I make a new one and sync it with LW6, vectorworks stops responding again.

I've tried running as administrator, moving all files off dropbox to my deskstop, and deleting the xml file. This was working fine yesterday when I left work.

Any suggestions?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Which version of Vectorworks are you using?

Did you create any custom user fields for the lighting device?

The only other report of this issue has been from a user that created a custom field with a character that was not supported in an XML data tag.

In your VW file, try running the refresh instruments command without the XML file. I experienced an issue with corruption -- potentially from copying and pasting multi-citcuits from other files. It wasn't data exchange causing the crash, but rather the full refresh that happens when VW detects a reconciled XML file.

-Josh