symbol insertion

another way to prevent insertion into walls is to provide a 'barrier' between the wall & symbol. For example, if i'm laying out a ganged toilet room, i'll place loci at the edge of the wall at the correct intervals for fixtures. then i place the symbol at each locus- they don't get inserted into the wall because the locus is 'in front' of the wall, and acts as a barrier. you can also group the symbol, or use guidelines...

...and a couple of other ways.

1. Drop your symbol anywhere on the the drawing and then Group it (NOT Symbol to Group). You can then put it anywhere without it inserting in walls.

2. You can Edit the symbol in the Resource Pallet. Choose the Insertion Options button. You can there choose which, if any, wall cutting behavior you want, or whether the symbol inserts at the center or the face of the wall. Also, edit the symbol's 2D component so that the insertion point is at the point on the symbol where you want it.

[ 07-03-2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Antone Cepernich ]