Open Bug List

Kevin McAllister

Question

This is definitely a duplicate wish but I tried searching for the original without success. We are in desperate need of an active bug list. I stumbled across two bugs that I know I have submitted in the past. I have no idea if they are still on the list or whether they may have been addressed unsuccessfully (like the Publish window jumping back to the front). Its such a waste of everyone's resources to keep asking about the same bugs. Perhaps the bug submit system should email users that submit bugs a confirmation with a bug number and then a resolved email when a service pack is issued that fixes the issue.

The two particular bugs I encountered tonight -

- scaled symbols containing NURBS surfaces do not render correctly in sheet layer viewports using hidden line render. They render unscaled. I reported this over two years ago. Will it ever get fixed? Honestly, it makes the scaling of symbols a unusable feature.

- disappearing 3d loci. Still an issue. Its there, it snaps but its not visible even though loci are set to display always.

Kevin

11 answers to this question

Thanks Jim. That's great to hear.

Regarding the bugs, should I be resubmitting them? Two years (two versions) is a long time to have a bug be outstanding without a resolution or a big, behind the scenes reason for not addressing it.

Kevin

(The NURBS scaling issue was discussed on the Tech Board and and an example file was submitted via email to you on March 10, 2014)

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is currently done when employees submit a bug, there is a Submitted/Accepted/Fixed/Verified series of phases. The issue is that the system we use can't expand for the entire userbase the way we currently have it configured. We'd basically need to buy JIRA licenses for any user and that gets out of hand rapidly, so we're trying to find a different way to integrate the board and the bug/wish submittal system. At the very least a method of automatically hoovering up wishlist and bug posts in specific forums into the official tracker, but with an eye toward giving more feedback where possible without the user having to keep asking or having someone manually check both places and report in.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Nah don't worry about that aspect, it's way more work in the long run to keep finding workarounds and temporary solutions than to file and get bugs fixed directly. Hopefully one day I can improve things so greatly that I put myself out of a job ;)