Sign in to follow this  
Dexie

What is the maximum number of row in a worksheet.

Does anyone know the maximum number of rows in a worksheet?

I am trying to copy and paste a large excel spreadsheet (20000rows +) in VW but don't think the woksheet in VW has the capacity.

I thought it was supposed to be upwards of 256,000 but I am unable to create even 5,001. I'll submit a case to see if thats changed or if I just hadn't noticed the limit before.

However, what is it that you are doing that requires that many rows? If it ends up being a wishlist item this will be useful info.

Its part of a previous post where I am attaching heighht data from a .csv file that can be opened in excel and copy and pasted in the VW worksheet. I have managed to make the process work with some sample data of about 80 rows but in the real world for a large project the is a considerably large. I am just trying it out on an old project which has about 30200 values. If the VW worksheet is a database it can accept this number of rows but not as a spreadsheet.

It seems you can only create a worksheet of 4094 rows.

This seems very poor and not much use if copying and pasting from other spreadsheet applications. I will add this to the Wish List.