Solved! Diagonal Lines all over model and jagged when zoomed in

Solved this just before posting, but thought it might be useful if anyone else comes across this problem.

The problem is where the model is showing diagonal lines all over when zoomed in, and also the edges of objects are jagged, pictures are attached.

The solution was that there were objects very far away from the main part of the model, deleting them fixed the graphical issue. I used "Fit to objects" to find them.

Bit of an odd thing is happening on one of my models, I'm not sure if it's corrupted in some way or theres a setting which I've accidentally changed, but it seems to have a hatch over the whole thing when you zoom in past a certain point.

Attached a couple of screenshots zooming in to show what's happening.

The render setting is openGL, quality set to high. I've tried changing anti-alising but doesnt seem to have any impact

It would be really nice to find a fix for this rather than starting the model again...

• Like 3
  • 3 years later...

I have got this problem with a model.  There are diagonal lines all over the walls and extrudes when I select 'draw edges' in OpenGL and as I rotate the model little triangles appear all around the windows and various other parts of the model - extrudes, walls, etc.  I have installed the latest service pack, re-started, etc.  None of my other models are behaving like this and I really need to fix it.  All suggestions gratefully received.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 hours ago, RussU said:

Came across it a while back.... it's about being really really far away from the origin. Grab everything and move it to 0,0,0. also look for any outlying geometry very far away.

you'll need to re-set your viewports to suit

@Linsey ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you run Tools > Origin > Center Drawing on Internal Origin instead of moving the geometry, it will move to internal 0, but will retain the original coordinate system. Viewports will still work too! This is useful of you are collaborating with others and the coordinates are important.

• Like 4