Using Video Files in or with Vectorworks

I wanted to see if it is possible to use a video file or animate a video file on a screen or object in Vectorworks? I know you can animate a scene with different saved views but I would love to run a video on my screens. I have seen people use Cinema 4D and wanted to see if there was a way to do it in Vectorworks or if there is a better application for adding video files to renders.

Please let me know what items you are using to put videos into renders.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well rendering will take significant amounts of time, even in C4D, there no getting around that element of the rendering really other than throwing more hardware at the problem. Vision would probably be faster but is limited to its own variant of OpenGL.

If you exported the fast rendering VW file to C4D,

it should not need more render time there as long as you don't change settings.

I don't think replacing image textures by videos will take so much longer (?),

at least when there is enough RAM available to avoid swapping to HDD.

You'll find C4D will render video content much quicker if you use an image sequence rather than a video file, most video editors will spit out an image sequence and C4D will automatically see a sequence if you select the first frame image in a folder on the texture. Plenty of tutorials available online.