Surface Hatch to Rendure Texture Glitch

Has anyone else experienced the following.

I have a Render Texture and have applied a surface hatch.

Both hatch and render are horizontal lines.

In a 3D view they appear fine, however if viewed from left or right the horizontal lines show vertical.

At first I though it was the object having different renders on each face, however after creating duplicates and rotating each one, the lines change depending on the angle.

Yes I have seen this. It sometimes screws up on the sides of slabs/floors and sometimes on solid subtractions.

In those cases I usually either create a second renderworks texture with the hatch rotated 90° or create 3D poly or nurbs surface to cover up the offending geometry.

Or, in the case of floors, I use an exterior wall component that drops below the wall "0" to cover up the slab object.

hth

mk

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to know if this is on the list to be fixed? This seems like a fundamental problem. With a whole working drawing for a new building not being able to use the floor and surface hatch function as advertised is going to slow the process down considerably. I have a drawing which features a floor with multiple faces at 0°, 45° and 90° edges. In elevation every face is appearing with different orientation of lines. I know there are work arounds that involve drawing other objects over the top but this seems like something I would have done years ago with old versions not with a 2016 version.

In the past I've applied Hatches to a Hidden Line render in the Annotation Layer. Does this technique no longer work?

Also I note that in HELP the instructions direct one to : "Select View > Rendering > Line Render Options." I have Renderworks, but I don't have "Line Render Options" .

I know this has been discussed, but why do Surface Hatches have to be such an issue? Seems to me Surface Hatches should work in 3D just like they do in 2D without a lot of fuss.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...