Viewports joined together

Is the following normal behavior for Viewports? If so, I've never noticed it before:

1. I place a Viewport on a saved sheet and render it (it's a perspective camera view.)

2. I copy and paste it to another saved sheet, render it differently with different class visibilities.

3. The Viewport from the first saved sheet changes to be identical to the pasted Viewport.

Is is normal? It happens with other viewports as well, not just camera views.

Thanks,

MHBrown

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No, this is not how they should function. Duplicating or copy/pasting a viewport should separate it from the previous viewport unless they are both tied to the same camera object, which should only control the view and not the class/layer visibilities.

Does this happen for you in any document? I am unable to replicate it here in 2016 SP4.

I don't think it does happen in other documents, now that you mention it. I think it is peculiar to this one. I looked at other drawings and I as a rule, I create one Viewport and the copy it everywhere I need other views. It's one of the best things about Vectorworks. I was thinking that I may have switched on some sort of "Conserve Original Viewport Settings" button. If so I'd want to switch it off.

Thanks. Good to know that it's not normal behavior. I'll just create another Viewport from scratch and see if that fixes it.

MHBrown