Wishlist: Dongles, Network Licenses, Premier Services & Trials

CarlJdP

Question

I work at dwrdistribution.co.za that distributes Vectorworks in South Africa. The wholesaler for Africa (CAD Africa / MAC Africa) limits us to distribute only serial numbers, no dongles, no network licences, and no trial serials.

All I ask is simple:

--------------------

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also buy *Dongle* Licences, so that licences can easily be moved from machine to machine

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also buy *Network* Licences, so that companies can assign licenses to different machines in the office as needed.

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also be able to install trial versions - since if you select your country as 'South Africa' when you request a trial serial you never get a reply from VW, as is reported by all our clients. The only way for prospective clients to get a trial version in South Africa is to pretend to be a student for a month, and download the student trial.

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also have access to all Vectorwork's Premier-services (such as cloud rendering), as we do not currently have access. And since one can not build a render farm with Renderworks - even though one can with Cinema4d which uses the same render engine - strange is it not?

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also have access to all Vectorworks International Tech Support services, as we are refused service since our serials don't exist in the UK or US tech support databases.. Our only means of tech support is to email the wholesaler, but I personally get better faster replies in these forums

Are there any other distributors in Africa that feel the same, or have the same issues?

We could put so much more of VW into the market if we are allowed 'the full package' and not just E-series serials and educational-lab-series serials.

Sincerely

Carl :)

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I work at dwrdistribution.co.za that distributes Vectorworks in South Africa. The wholesaler for Africa (CAD Africa / MAC Africa) limits us to distribute only serial numbers, no dongles, no network licences, and no trial serials.

All I ask is simple:

--------------------

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also buy *Dongle* Licences, so that licences can easily be moved from machine to machine

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also buy *Network* Licences, so that companies can assign licenses to different machines in the office as needed.

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also be able to install trial versions - since if you select your country as 'South Africa' when you request a trial serial you never get a reply from VW, as is reported by all our clients. The only way for prospective clients to get a trial version in South Africa is to pretend to be a student for a month, and download the student trial.

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also have access to all Vectorwork's Premier-services (such as cloud rendering), as we do not currently have access. And since one can not build a render farm with Renderworks - even though one can with Cinema4d which uses the same render engine - strange is it not?

> Please please please allow people in Africa to also have access to all Vectorworks International Tech Support services, as we are refused service since our serials don't exist in the UK or US tech support databases.. Our only means of tech support is to email the wholesaler, but I personally get better faster replies in these forums

Are there any other distributors in Africa that feel the same, or have the same issues?

We could put so much more of VW into the market if we are allowed 'the full package' and not just E-series serials and educational-lab-series serials.

Sincerely

Carl :)

+1000 Hammers!!) We have sooo many unhappy clients..

We are a distributor for Vectorworks in South Africa - and our hands are tied when a client needs to move an installation to a new upgraded machine, or if they got a blue screen of death and had to reload their machine.

Please add ANY of the following:

--------------------------------

> At least allow VW to start up to a start-screen or to preferences, where you can add a new serials, instead of closing down as soon an invalid certificate is detected or when someone else is already using the license on the network (on your legally activated mobile installation). So only then when the user can't provide a new valid serial, only then, kick him out..

> In WV preferences add an option to add/remove/activate/deactivate serials

> Why not make a new licence type connected to an Online ID like *OpenAuth* / Google / Facebook. So where ever I come across a PC with VW, I can just log in with my ID - and boom! I can make start making magic..

> Please please please make an *uninstaller*! And that also deactivates that particular activation online - giving the user feed back on whether it was successful or not.

> Please please please allow people in Africa to buy *Dongle* Licences, as MAC Africa / CAD Africa (the Africa wholesaler) does not allow that in South Africa :( our clients are crying for better options!

> Please please please allow people in Africa to buy *Network* Licences, MAC Africa / CAD Africa (the Africa wholesaler) does not allow that in South Africa :( our clients are crying for better options!

Thanks @JimW - we owe so many VW features to your help & friendly service!

[i'll start a new thread on the below later]

Why has our $1,500 unlimited NFR ESP Vision dongle suddenly expired since VW took over ESP? We are just receiving automatic replies from everyone we knew at ESP email addresses. So we had to change to a new visualizer supplier - Syncronorm's Realizzer - and are no longer distributing ESP because of no support.

Passing this along!

I really like the OpenID suggestion, we have been wanting to use that for a number of different things to reduce the need for users to remember or track a license number, forum login, Service Select logic, etc.

For the Vision stuff, the support structure changed but it should still be the same folks, I'll make sure they've seen this as well.