PC or Mac

I am having some difficulties getting my renderings to finish. On some of my drawings, I get a "runtime error" message, essentially telling me that I don't have enough memory to process the drawing. I have no other programs running. I'm running Windows XP with a 2.4GHz processor (pentium), 1GB of RAM, and a 40GB hard drive. Am I wrong in thinking that a MAC (with dual processors) will perform much better.

I've heard that Windows XP is a little unstable with rendering. I've used Windows 98 & 2000 and am currently on a mac. I don;t belive that VW is optimized for the dual processors yet.

You also can do a complete wipe of your hard drive to rid yourself of any conflicts and other problems that might be messing up your rendering process. Complete wipe meaning remove all your needed files and erase the disk and reload your applications and files. We used to do tht every 6 months on the PC's we had.

Good Luck

There have been a number of posts recently about failure to finish renders (both platforms). It seems to be related to the amount of memory used by VW history. (I may be wrong here)

As there is no way in VW to clear this memory (c.f. Photoshop History);I usually save, quit and relaunch VW prior to large renders. Boring, but better than getting 3/4 of the way through and having to do it anyway :-/

cheers,

N.