CMU texture help

I'm trying to model an existing CMU pattern and I need some help to explain this. Look at the attached file and you'll see the repeating pattern looks different on the right edge and along the horizontal band at the 2nd floor height. Can anyone explain why it looks different or how I can fix it ?

(it is not related to the monitor resolution ... it looks like this at any magnification). (also ... the problem does not repeat in a pattern.)

I have only one light source (directional). I have another directional source that is 'off' so that shouldn't matter. I changed the pan/azimuth and it has an affect, but doesn't solve the problem. I changed the texture to remove the reflectivity, but that didn't help. I'm using a bump pattern to make the mortar joints, so I can't remove the texture bump.

Here is the result (see attached file).

Any other ideas ?

1)Test the texture:

Draw an extrude in a separate file, apply the texture and test:

2)Take the wall into a separate file test:

without any lights.

extended in height and see how the error repeats.

Is there a misalignment between the bump and the image shader?

Turn of bump and see can you get it to look normal.

Place the light as before

Then place another at 120º from the first - turn them down

Render with & without Displacement

With & without hdri environment lighting

Thanks for the tips ... but no solution so far. I tried most of the tips you suggested. I've convinced myself this is just one of those "mysteries" that can't be solved. Look at this attachment of a 3D isometric image. Notice the texture fades on the right side, top and bottom of each wall. It is not related to the wall height. The wall joining conditions on both sides are the same (notice the left side doesn't have the texture failure).

Time for Jim to look at this as a bug. In the meantime, I'll find a work-around.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is very odd, but almost definitely a bug. If I apply the same texture to a non wall, like a NURBS surface or an extrude, it maps as expected. When mapped either as the component or overall texture of a wall object the pattern starts to break down or fade towards edges of the wall face.

Not a clue what's going on here, I rebuilt the texture from scratch and the same issue occurs, submitting it as a bug now.

[img:center]https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=15620&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%209.13.49%20AM.png[/img]