Curtain Traveler Set

I'm calling this done for v1. Many thanks for those I have learned from. Not sure what's next but something will come up.

This network creates 2 SoftGoods objects and some 2D elements to show how much space a bi-parting traveler curtain set will take when open.

When run from the wrapper it will make a group that holds all the parts. From there you can change anything, but if you re-run the wrapper all those changes will have to be re-done. Some SoftGoods PIO values are pulled from the current object defaults in the file. I haven't found a way to override those other that editing the objects directly.

This network depends on the 'Curtain Fold' symbol included in this file. Since that name is in the OIP you can easily change that symbol. Don't be confused by the input bubble on the wrapper.

This is V1. I have discovered some limitations if you convert this to an object.

- The stacking symbol is not place properly at one end.

- Further you can not change any of the SoftGoods PIO values other than those exposed in the Marionette.

- Some of the classing and other aspects will occasionally act funny. Sorry for the technical talk.

Please feel free to comment on the value, function or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Look at it but will look more to get it to be able to convert to object.

Runs now without giving errors. I put a line node where you had the node. Its causing an error, will look at it also later tonight if time.

See how this goes.

The original soft goods node you got from Sarah gave an error on my computer. I cant get it to create a curved polyline. This is the only node I found giving an error.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

You are seeing errors that don't show on my system at all. Is this because you don't have Spotlight? Do you get SoftGoods objects in Architect?

FYI: I don't think there is value in getting this to convert to an object. Without complete control of the curtain objects I will still need to to get to them individually. Others may like the simple utility of showing the stacking space, but I need to go deeper. (worksheets and renderings)

I appreciate the help in debugging!!